Thursday, January 24, 2008

Burn It Like Beckham

There's a new form of character assassination...

Beckham leaves massive global 'footprint'

And size does matter. Apparently we're moving into an era where you will also be judged by the size of your carbon footprint (whatever the hell that is).

Question(s): How will Becks and his lovely wife Victoria be treated when this news reaches all of their Hollywood-Earth-Loving-
Where's-the-next-charity-event-so-I-can-smooze- and-get-my-picture-taken friends? Will they be ostracized for this ghastly infraction or will the whole thing be conveniently overlooked during the cocktail hour?

Oh wait I forgot, these are the Elite. These types of mortal conventions don't apply to them. When they get on TV and urge us to use less electricity or to start recycling more they don't mean them, they of course mean you and me. Do as I say, not as I do.

Perhaps we should also extrapolate this concept and apply it to all of the current presidential candidates running around out there. List each one along with their current carbon footprints. This should make selecting a president much easier. Forget about their economics and their ideas regarding national security, I want a president with the smallest footprint.

I'm sorry Mr. Fisher, your loan could not be approved. Unfortunately your carbon score is just way too high... Next!

No comments: