Friday, February 22, 2008

A Vegetarian Gravy Train

I'm sure that even the Left-of-Center, pro-big-government inhabitants of the City by the Bay are a little miffed about this one...

Mayor's climate aide gets $160,000 a year

Talk about generous. The taxpayers of San Francisco are the best in the World! I'm sure other city and state governments around the country are green with envy. Unfortunately for them (and fortunately for us), not every city can be like San Francisco.

I think SF Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi sums it up best...
"Although it sounds very well intentioned, and perhaps even necessary, I'm concerned this is a case where eco-chic has gone out of control"
What's even funnier is that Mr. Mirikarimi is the only member of the Green Party that sits on the city of San Francicso's Board of Supervisors!

Someone refresh my failing memory... what was I saying a few weeks ago about "the road to hell?"

As expected, official's with Mayor Newsom's administration shot back with this...
...officials in the Newsom administration say that even 25 people working on climate issues is not enough and that having a director in the mayor's inner circle is necessary to coordinate all the city's climate initiatives.
Wow! If there's one thing that our friends up north know so well, it's how to expand government. I'm sure the pioneers who settled this great city long ago are now spinning in their graves.

Surprisingly after reading all this, I have only one question... Where do I apply?

No comments: